Freed To Be A New Creation (Not Circumcision But A New Creation)
Mr Jack Mock
Order of Service
Welcome >> Worship in Songs
Announcements >> Congregational Prayer
Scripture Reading >> Sermon
Response Song >> Benediction
Freed To Be A New Creation (Not Circumcision But a New Creation)
- Beware of false teaching
- The Gospel of Grace is by faith alone in Christ alone
- Ch 5 is about life in the Spirit
- Ch 6 bearing one another’s burden, sowing to the Spirit, doing good
V11 “See what large letters I use as I wrote to you with my own hand.”
V12 “Those who want to make a good impression outwardly are tring to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ.”
- The major doctrines and not denominational distinctives or secondary doctrinal differences.
- On top of this there were ethnic differences: the Jew and Gentile
V13 “Not even those who were circumcised obey the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your flesh.”
V14 “May I never boast except in the corss of our Lord Jesus Christ through which the world had been cruiciied to me and I to the world.”
- Back in 2:20 Paul can claim “I have been cruicified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God.”
- The centre of Christianity is Christ and the main work of Christ is salvation, reconciliation, or redemption.
V15 “Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, what counts is a new creation.”
All things becomes new, a new person with a new set of values; instead of self-rule we have the rule of King Jesus in our lives.
- Was there a change in your life style, your priorities and values, your relationships?
- It is now a Christ-centred life and no longer a self-centred life.
V18: “Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule, even to the Israel of God”
- Two precious Christian words ‘peace’ and ‘mercy’
“even to the Israel of God”
- We take this mean with Romans 9 to 11 as including all the Jewish and Gentile believers but not ethnic Jews who reject Jesus as the messiah-king.
V17 “Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.”
- As a slave bore the brand mark of their owner, so the marks of Paul’s suffering identify him as Christ’s slave.
V18 “The graceof our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen”
Extra General Meeting (EGM) 17th September 2023
Notice is given that the Church will hold its Extra General Meeting (EGM) on Sunday, 17th September immediately after the English service. A quorum of 40% of members on the register is required to hold a valid EGM. The proposed EGM motion(s) will be released closer to the EGM date.
In support of God’s mission, we encourage all members to give regularly to the ESCCC Missions Fund, according to your means. The EFT details can be found on the Giving and Offerings page.
The Missions Fund will be allocated by the Missions Committee to bless ESCCC and our Mission Partners in missions work.
ESCCC Mailing List
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the church’s email list to be notified of various things happening around the church.
We give to what we love. Due to the restriction of our physical Sunday meetings as a loving precaution against the spread of COVID-19, we will not be able to collect a cash offertory as usual. Electronic giving instructions can be found on the Giving and Offerings page.
Community Groups @ ESCCC
For visibility and if you would like to join a group, the details of all youth, community groups and prayer meetings can be found here.
Prayer meetings are held on these days every week:
- Sundays from 9:00AM-9:30AM (join at prayer.esccc.org.au)
- Fridays from 8:00PM – 9:00PM (join at prayer.esccc.org.au)
Join us as we pray together as the body of Christ, and if you have any prayer requests, don’t hesitate to submit them here.
You can choose to submit your requests anonymously.
Prayer and Praise
Next Week: 27 August 2023
The New Creation (Baptism Service)
2 Corinthians 5:11-21
Mr Jack Mock
We long to see the Church being loved like Christ loves the Church.
As such we strive to care for people with the love of Christ and to prepare people to love like Christ.
The Pastors and Elders would love to serve you and help you to belong to God’s community here at ESCCC.