Table of Contents
Locusts and Darkness
Elder Eddie Yoon
Order of Service
Welcome >> Worship in Songs
Announcements >> Congregational Prayer
Scripture Reading >> Sermon
Response Song >> Benediction
In support of God’s mission, we encourage all members to give regularly to the ESCCC Missions Fund, according to your means. The EFT details can be found on the Giving and Offerings page.
The Missions Fund will be allocated by the Missions Committee to bless ESCCC and our Mission Partners in missions work.
We give to what we love. Due to the restriction of our physical Sunday meetings as a loving precaution against the spread of COVID-19, we will not be able to collect a cash offertory as usual. Electronic giving instructions can be found on the Giving and Offerings page.
ESCCC Mailing List
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the church’s email list to be notified of various things happening around the church.
Locusts & Darkness
Redemption through Revelations
- The overarching theme of Exodus is on Redemption. Yahweh, the God of the Hebrews (Israelites) will, through His revelations, remove the one obstacle (Pharaoh) in His way and rescue the enslaved Israelites, His People, from Egypt.
- The issue facing Pharoah and the Hebrews was: How should they respond to God’s revelations?
- There will be serious consequences depending on the nature of their responses.
- The story of the plagues is not just about the encounteres between Moses and Pharaoh.
- It is about God fulfilling His Covenantal Promise to redeem His People and deliver them to their Promised Land.
- But ultimately, it is about our Creator God who sent His Son to redeem us from our bondage to sin and death.
- To Pharaoh, the plagues were opportunities for them to respond with humility and total submission.
- To the Hebrews, the divine indictments on Pharaoh were reminders for them and their subsequent generations that Yahweh their God is the only God to be worshipped as Lord.
The challenge for us today:
How then should we respond to God’s revelations to us?
Prayer and Praise
Next Week 9 October 2022
The Firstborn And The Passover
Exodus 11:1 - 12:20
Pastor Jose Lam
We long to see the Church being loved like Christ loves the Church.
As such we strive to care for people with the love of Christ and to prepare people to love like Christ.
The Pastors and Elders would love to serve you and help you to belong to God’s community here at ESCCC.